Monday 19 September 2016

A Question to all Auckland Mayoral Candidates in the local body election: PUBLIC TRANSPORT

A Question to all Auckland Mayoral Candidates in the local body election: Have you looked into lowering the cost of Public transport? What are the profits and revenues being made by public transport service providers? As an Aucklander I feel the cash price of 5 dollars for two stages from (Mt Albert to Auckland) is way too much. I have a Hop card and student concession and it is still very expensive. People I know drive cars and get lifts to avoid the costs of public transport. I don't see why Goldcard holders should be allowed free transport while Students are not! I feel the cost of Public Transport needs to be reexamined and lowered to entice people to use it! Christchurch had some free and very cheap bus fares when I last visited a while ago now! If we are a Supercity we can do much better Moss

1 comment:

  1. They did lower the rates recently, but I think it may only be if you have a ATHOP card. Mt Albert to the city without one is $3.50. Not sure why it's they're still charging you over $5?

    ReplyDelete