Friday 10 January 2014

King Krule: The Snarling "Easy Easy" (London)


I recently found out about the fire King Krule and his song "Easy Easy". Critics have been comparing him to Billy Bragg and it's not hard to see why. His songs are powerful and his voice is ginormous. The aforementioned song has a refreshing, genuine and British vibe too it. It's not indie dross or mainstream crap its genuine music that is in this day and age can be quite hard to find. He actually reminds me a lot of the Arctic Monekys before they blew up. The song is an extremely emotional performance in which Krule sings about dead end jobs, zombie people and the drabness of life in general. 

However, despite the moross view of life offered by the young man that seeks to highlight how the bulk of the society is slowly being crushed to death, you just cant help but feel positive while listening at the same time (rare). It's this distinct talent of Krule to tie low points and high points of everyones life experiences together that makes him a compelling new artist.

I've also included his live performance on David Letterman that he smashed. Especially considering it was his American TV network debut in front of millions. On a side note what I think would be really exciting would be if Krule channelled a little more Johnny Rotten. Everyone knows that Krule can snarl and it would be awesome to see him hack at society even more than has done so far and more violently.  To sum up a brilliant new musician with cracker of a cricket swing :) Videos of the blazing Londonite below!! 
Moss Rock

 

Easy Easy:

Well same old Bobby, same old beat
Well yeah they got nothing on me
The same old clutch, same old streets
But yeah they got nothing on me

And easy come and easy go
Well yeah I'm sure I told you so
Well they just want you for your dough
Man I'm sure I told you so

And with your dead-end job
That's been eating away your life
You feel a little inside
The trouble and strife

And now you spend your evenings
Searching for another life
And yeah I think maybe
I think you've got them in your sights


[Chorus]
Well, easy easy
There's no need to take that tone
Well easy
I'm on the telephone
Man just leave us alone


[Verse 2]
Ow no I should've kept my receipts
Cause the sandwich I bought
Yeah it's been off for a week

And 'low Tesco's stealing my money
When positivity seems hard to reach
I keep my head down and my mouth shut

Cause if you going through hell
We just keep going


[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment